An Open Letter to our Family of Patients
May 11, 2020
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the past few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our lives as best we can. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are designed so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we are following in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
It may seem that Dr. Jaeger and Dr McClary are taking a bit longer to reopen than have several other Dentists in the area. We apologize for any delay this has caused for your necessary Dental care. We are hopeful that you understand that we are erring on the side of caution. We want to reopen as safely as possible.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- We will ask you to fill out and send us your Health Histories, HIPPA forms, and other necessary paperwork from the safety of your home before your visit in order to allow for ‘contactless’ communication of this information. Download our established patient yearly update form or our new patient paperwork.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions concerning your current and previous coronavirus symptom history.
- Please wear clothing that will keep you warm. The office temperature will be considerably cooler than it has been in the past due to all the personal protective gear that our staff will be wearing. Also note that we will no longer be able to supply blankets in the event that you are feeling the cool air.
- We will be asking you to remain in your vehicle and call the office upon your arrival. We will arrange for you to enter the office when your room is completely sterilized and disinfected. Please wear a mask as you enter and exit the office, and we ask that you stand 6 feet apart from the nearest person if possible.
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer when you enter the office.
- You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. Hopefully, you will not encounter other patients in the waiting room, nor will you have to sit and wait.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We will have longer appointment slots in order for us to properly sterilize and sanitize between patients.
- We have installed an air purification unit in the waiting/reception area which will filter the .1 micron coronavirus from the air every 15 minutes.
- We are installing an ‘extraoral suction unit’ in each operatory to protect both our patients and staff from aerosols which result from the use of our various handpieces. This operates as a large suction funnel placed several inches from your mouth as we work. It filters and kills the coronavirus with HEPA filters as well as an internal UV light source.
- You may encounter different intraoral suction devices as well as different techniques used by both your Hygienist and your Doctor to help protect both yourselves and our staff. These techniques will be utilized in a manner which is comfortable for you.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (561) 333-4901.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Michael E. Jaeger
Dr. Robert McClary
Tina, Christina, Julie, Ana, Veronica, Emily, and Gaia